Monday, April 6, 2009

respect to our Country's flag

Almost a year ago my husband was driving to work, he was able to witness a remarkable thing. As he was turning at a light, he noticed a huge American Flag (usually waving on a pole in the parking lot of a grocery store) falling to the ground. As it was falling he noticed 4 or 5 cars pull over to the side of the road and people began running out to grab the flag from falling and touching the ground. As he told this too, me I could not help but be inspired. I have not always thought of our country's flag as I should. It is a flag that represents our country and the liberties and freedoms we are blest with. Our flag has codes and regulations; From the correct way to fold it, to how to hang it properly. It is a sign of great disrespect to allow our flag to touch the ground. For my husband to watch as people rushed out of there cars so the flag would not fall to the ground should move and inspire us to be more respectful and patriotic towards our flag and our country.

No comments: